Simple High-Power Motor Controller makes basic control of brushed DC motors easy, with our free Simple Motor Control Center software enabling quick configuration over USB. The controller supports four interface modes: USB, TTL serial, analog voltage, and hobby radio control (RC). This version operates from 5.5 to 30 V and is efficient enough to deliver a continuous 25 A without a heat sink. It ships with the power capacitor and connectors included but not soldered in, allowing for custom installations.
Simple Motor Controllers are versatile, general-purpose motor controllers for brushed, DC motors. A wide operating range of up to 5.5–40V and the ability to deliver up to several hundred Watts in a small form factor make these controllers suitable for many motor control applications. With a variety of supported interfaces—USB for direct connection to a computer, TTL serial for use with embedded systems, RC hobby servo pulses for use as an RC-controlled electronic speed control (ESC), and analog voltages for use with a potentiometer or analog joystick—and a wide array of configurable settings, these motor controllers make it easy to add basic control of brushed DC motors to a variety of projects. Although this motor controller has many more features than competing products, a free configuration utility (for Windows 7, Vista, Windows XP, and Linux) simplifies initial setup of the device and allows for in-system testing and monitoring of the controller via USB.
- Simple bidirectional control of one DC brush motor.
- 5.5 V to 30 V (18v7, 18v15, and 18v25) or 40 V (24v12 and 24v23) operating supply range.
- 7 A to 25 A maximum continuous current output without a heat sink, depending on controller model
- Four communication or control options:
- USB interface for direct connection to a PC.
- Logic-level (TTL) serial interface for direct connection to microcontrollers or other embedded controllers.
- Hobby radio control (RC) pulse width interface for direct connection to an RC receiver or RC servo controller.
- 0–3.3 V analog voltage interface for direct connection to potentiometers and analog joysticks.
- Simple configuration and calibration over USB with free configuration program (Windows 7, Vista, Windows XP, and Linux compatible).
- Comprehensive user’s guide with plenty of connection diagrams and sample code.
- Adjustable maximum acceleration and deceleration to limit electrical and mechanical stress on the system.
- Adjustable starting speed, maximum speed, and amount of braking when speed is zero.
- Optional safety controls to avoid unexpectedly powering the motor.
- Input calibration (learning) and adjustable scaling degree for analog and RC signals.
- Under-voltage shutoff with hysteresis for use with batteries vulnerable to over-discharging (e.g. LiPo cells).
- Adjustable over-temperature threshold and response.
- Adjustable PWM frequency from 1 kHz to 22 kHz (maximum frequency is ultrasonic, eliminating switching-induced audible motor shaft vibration).
- Error LED linked to a digital ERR output, and connecting the error outputs of multiple controllers together optionally causes all connected controllers to shut down when any one of them experiences an error.
- Field-upgradeable firmware.